It is true that a rested mind is a wise mind. Ever wonder why some of your best insights and revelations come to you when you are carefree and relaxed? That is because our creativity is unobstructed during these times. When we are busy in our minds, we become less clear and more confused about our lives.
Each day we are granted a new opportunity to restart. Regardless of what you are facing today, it is only a day and there will be a new one tomorrow.
But we don't have to wait until tomorrow to reset our minds. We can actually reset our minds in the present moment, by simply allowing and relaxing. Here is how:
1) Breathe in, breathe out. Just noticing your breath will calm your nervous system.
2) Step outdoors. Just a few minutes of time spent outside can relieve stress. Even on a cloudy day your skin can absorb stress-busting Vitamin D from the sun! Being outdoors with nature is one of my favorite ways to refresh. It is calming and energizing at the same time.
3) Nourish your mind through your body. Eat fresh fruits and veggies, which are loaded with vitamins and nutrients to calm your mind.
4) Sweat it out! Working out is one of the best, natural anxiety remedies there are. Working out releases endorphins which act like natural painkillers and improve the ability to sleep.
5) Remember that we are one thought away from happiness - "this too shall pass". If you can let go of what's eating you right now and focus on something else, chances are your mood will improve immediately. Go back to your "problem" after you've had a chance to relax. Most likely it won't seem like such a catastrophe after not focusing on it for a while.
"Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could.
Some blunders and absurdities, no doubt crept in.
Forget them as soon as you can, tomorrow is a new day;
begin it well and serenely, with too high a spirit
to be cumbered with your old nonsense."
― Ralph Waldo Emerson