Here are some ways to increase your brown (good fat) production.
1. Start building some muscles. Muscle acts as a growth factor for brown fat.
2. Exposure to cold activates brown fat. Try drinking a cold glass of water in the morning or take a cold shower.
3. Get a good night's sleep.
4. Eat a diet high in non-starchy vegetables, especially green vegetables, eat low glycemic fruits such as berries, add good fats to your daily routine such as coconut and olive oil, avocados, raw nuts. Include grass fed animal proteins - eggs, chicken, beef. Wild caught fish and game is recommended as well.
Here are some ways to increase your white (bad fat) cells.
1. Indulge in pasta, bread, alcoholic beverages, fast foods, junk foods and sweets.
2. Don't challenge your body with physical activity that push you to increase your muscles.
3. Keep your sleep to 5 hours or under.
4. Say good bye to cold winters. (I think I could live with this one.)
For more detailed information, click here for an article by Dr. Mercola.
-Sharon Nelson, Owner and Certified Health Coach